Sunday, July 22, 2007

Seb’s Market Cafe (CLOSED)

UPDATE (08/21/13): Seb’s is now closed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Seb’s is a perfect place to meet with friends on a rainy, cool Sunday morning. You walk in and immediately feel at home – comfortable and cozy. Settle into a table and relax. And make sure you are relaxed, because the service matches.

I was happy to find some not-so-usual items on the menu, for example, an elk benny with a blueberry-chipotle hollondaise, banana bread french toast, or a caramelized apple and bacon omelette. I went for the Elk Benny and the home fries were, by far, the best I've had at any breakfast location yet.

592 East Broadway
Breakfast hours:
Mon-Fri: 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Sat, Sun: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

www.hotstuffcatering.com

5 comments:

pilgrim said...

Seb’s has become one of my favorite breakfast spots, one that I like to invite family and friends to. Love the young, casual student type crowd, the overalls clad workmen and under cover cops that seem to be drawn to this catchy place. To my taste, Seb’s serves the best coffee in town. Service is always prompt and friendly, and I’m forever amazed how the owner finds all these cute servers. Never got past the most tasty Elk Medallion, eggs and hash browns yet. The amble serving of fresh fruit that decorates and finishes off the plate has this San Francisco touch for me. Great place to have in Vancouver.

Anonymous said...

Coming from a family of breakfast connoisseurs, I think it says something when I say Seb's is one of my favorite breakfast places in Vancouver. They offer a fabulously creative and yet still homey menu in a very comfortable and funky atmosphere. Just this morning I had a garlic and shiitake mushroom omelette and it was fabulous! But everything I've had there is equally as delicious! It's a great little find in an unexpected spot and definitely worth trying.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to add, they have *great* coffee with plenty of refills.

vancouver-bites.com said...

I've been wanting to try this forever. I've also been meaning to leave a comment forever. This is a great blog (one of my favourite Vancouver blogs) and I always go to it on Saturday mornings and I often recommend it to others. Thank you for your breakfast research!

In Search of Breakfast said...

Hi vancouver-bites! I appreciate your nice comments I am glad you find the blog useful as I have much fun doing it! Happy breakfasting! P.S. I am familiar with your great blog, too. Have you ever had the MacNCheese at Beecher's in Seattle? Mmm.