Saturday, December 8, 2007

Elixir (CLOSED)

UPDATE (09/23/11): The Elixir has evolved into Cento Notti. ------------------------------------------------------------ The restaurant in the Opus Hotel is a French bistro/brasserie. By the way, what is the difference between a bistro and brasserie? I'll have to look into that. OK, I just did, here we go... Brasserie: an informal usually French restaurant serving simple hearty food. Bistro: a small or unpretentious restaurant. Anyway, the room is cozy and welcoming and does remind me a bit of Paris.

The menu has the usual breakfast items, but come with a unique twist. I had the Poached Eggs Catalan, which included perfectly poached eggs, a deliciously crispy toasted tomato bread, asparagus, lomo embuchado, piquillo-smoked hollandaise, and manchego cheese. I enjoyed it *a lot*! Enough that it overshone several other less-than-ideal details about the restaurant.

350 Davie Street
Breakfast hours:
Breakfast: Daily, 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Brunch: Saturday/Sunday: 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

www.elixirvancouver.ca

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I've lived next to the Elixir for how many years now? And I've never made my way in. You've inspired me to give it a try.

I love your blog! I love your work!

http://living.weelife.com/