Sunday, December 2, 2007

Kate’s Kitchen (San Francisco)

Located in the Lower Haight district of SF, Kate’s was a great way to start our day. The place is a funky diner with a young, laid-back staff. The portions at this place are HUGE! They almost seemed a bit ridiculous, actually. Which for me to say that means a lot because I love large portions. I had the New England Flannel Hash which came with generous pieces of *real* corned beef, it was delicious! I was full for the rest of the day and I only ate about half my plate.

471 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA
Breakfast hours:
Mon, Fri: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Tue-Thu: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sat, Sun: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

www.kates-kitchensf.com

2 comments:

pilgrim said...

Thanks, “Breakfast in Vancouver”! Passing through San Francisco on my pre-spring motorcycle trip to Florida I looked up Kate’s Kitchen and was not disappointed. I had the “New England Hash”, a most delicious, fitting and filling breakfast. Love those big chunks of smoked ham. For me it’s the only way to start a riding day. Coffee plenty and of great taste. Service friendly and prompt for such a busy place.
Defenatly will repeat when back in town.

In Search of Breakfast said...

You're welcome, pilgrim. I'm glad you enjoyed. I also recommend Mama's and Brenda's when you are in SF again. Safe riding and happy breakfasting!