Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tommy’s

Tommy’s is full of sweet memories for me. Years ago, I lived just down the street and I have many fond memories of getting up on weekend mornings and having delicious, lingering breakfasts at this home-style café.

They still have the same great breakfasts, but it's definitely not so easy to linger these days. There are crowds of people lined up at the front door waiting for a seat. The café only seats about 20, but the service is quick and it usually doesn’t take too long to be able to sit.

Their coffee is a bottomless cup and it’s self serve. Although I have to admit I quit drinking coffee, I still love the self serve idea.

1308 Ross Road, North Vancouver
Breakfast hours:
Mon-Thu: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Fri-Sun: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

4 comments:

NRF said...

We had late breakfast at Tommy's a while ago and service was quick. So quick that food must not be cooked to order. Reminded me of the old days at North Shore Winter Club. No matter how early the kids' hockey practice, the bacon was already cooked for the entire morning. Saves time at service but who wants to eat bacon and hash browns from a warming cabinet? I don't mind self serve coffee but it works better if the thermos containers actually contain coffee.

Anonymous said...

I found Tommy's to be a nice little surprise - a tiny little tucked away place with great breakfast options. Despite some rumours (see above comment) I would say the breakfast was fresh and delicious! The hashbrowns were especially nice with an interesting seasoning and nicely browned. I had an omelette packed with veggies and a spicey chorizo sausage - very good! This place is worth a try if you're looking for a very casual and homey place to have a nice breakfast.

pilgrim said...

Agreed, the first commenter must’ve been suffering a super bad hair day, I’ve been back a half a dozen times introducing friends and family to Tommy’s. Every time the service, the coffee, the food have been great. I choose sunny days, come early and enjoy the outside seating. Small and tight, but still a nice socializing treat. 3 choices of coffee, and pouring my own suits me just fine. Food is always fresh, colourful and very tasty. A good selection has one plan for next time already. Now that Seb’s on Broadway has lost Seb, this may just be my alternative. By the way, this is a fantastic and most helpful blog, it’s become like an old trusted friend – when in doubt, quick double check with “Breakfast in Vancouver”. Thanks.

In Search of Breakfast said...

Hi Pilgrim, I'm glad you enjoy Tommy's, I have such fond memories. And I'm happy to hear the blog is useful for you! It's been a fun adventure for me. Happy breakfasting!