Sunday, February 3, 2008

Central Bistro

Central – is it a bistro? a lounge? a eurobar? a diner? Whatever it is, it’s popular, which means be prepared to have ‘leisurely’ breakfast (i.e. don’t be in a hurry). However, the food was worth the wait. The menu is extensive but entirely savoury except for one or two dishes. Ironically, I mostly prefer savoury dishes in the morning, but today I was craving something sweet.

It was our server’s first day, so I forgave her that she ordered me the wrong dish. Actually, it turns out that I was very grateful, indeed. I ordered the Wild Berry French Toast, but what I received was the Croissant French Toast with Winter Fruit Compote. Sorry, but croissants beat out french bread any day of the week. My mistake for ordering the wrong dish to begin with. Luckily the breakfast angels were there to intervene. My dining partner had the Flatiron Steak and Eggs which was also delish. The fresh squeezed OJ was appreciated, but FYI $4.

1072 Denman Street
Breakfast hours: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Daily
www.centralbistro.com
Photos

1 comment:

Cam said...

The scones are a must-try!