Saturday, May 3, 2008

Subeez Café

For some reason it surprises me that Subeez does breakfast. Dimmed lights, wax-draped candelabra, throbbing house music, excited chatter late into the evening is how I envision Subeez Café. But in the bright light of day, the cavernous space somehow still seems welcoming, if somewhat more subdued. On the weekend, they offer a brunch menu. During the week, a slightly shorter version for breakfast. Prices are very reasonable for breakfast items, all $10 or less.

My dining partner had the Classic Breakfast, which included what they call ‘Tomato Beans’, which suspiciously looked like canned, regardless, they were just what the doctor ordered. I had the Chorizo Frittata with jalapeño, salsa and cheddar. My meal was definitely satisfying, however, what I truly craved were the pancakes. And when I saw a big pile of fluffy flapjacks being delivered to the next table, I wished I had honoured my desire - they looked yum-may!

891 Homer Street
Breakfast hours: Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Brunch hours: Saturday & Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
www.subeez.com
Photos

No comments: