Monday, May 26, 2008

Trafalgars Bistro

The miracle known as sunshine was unveiling itself today, so my friend and I chose a spot where we could enjoy the warmth. Trafalgars has a lovely street-side patio enshrouded with planters, enough to shield you from the traffic, but still expose you to the elements. It is a neighbourhood spot full of ladies lunching, which suited me just fine as we, too, were ladies lunching. And what do ladies do when they lunch? They talk. Our server was perfect – very attentive and charming, but did not intrude on the conversation.

Trafalgars doesn’t so much as do breakfast as what they call their “Daytime Menu” which is a combo of brunch and lunch items. The breakfast offerings are few, but what they do, they do well. I had the Huevos Rancheros a la Trafalgars – chorizo sausage, poached eggs, avocado crème fraîche, salsa, beans and corn bread – and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My friend had the more classic Eggs and Hollandaise on Potato Latke. Also tasty, but the latke was really more like a potato cake. I also appreciated the Fresh-squeezed Lemonade.

Dessert menu of almost 30 items – I kid you not. Obviously coming from their sister spot, Sweet Obsession Cakes & Pastries, who are just two doors down. But we were too full to indulge. Sad face.

2603 West 16th Avenue
Breakfast hours:
Monday to Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.

www.trafalgars.com
Photos

No comments: