Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Café Zen

The warm weather this morning enticed me to go for a swim at Kits Pool, after which I was starving. With a mini-hike up Yew Street eatery-row, I plunked myself down on the small patio at Café Zen. Definite locals vibe.

This is another spot with a sizeable menu – 8 pages of breakie foodstuffs. What I really appreciated about ordering here is that most items are available in half orders, especially the bennys, sanctioning the ability to mix and match. So to play that game, I ordered half Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes and half Eggs Flo Benny - no fries. The pancakes half order was huge, 2 large pancakes, and the benny was quite tasty. However, if I may, toast those English muffins, please.

1631 Yew Street
Breakfast hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Daily
Photos
cafezenonyew.com

No comments: