Saturday, September 20, 2008

Café Luxy

We got the message today – summer is over. The rain is back. I think I have long-term memory loss. It seems whenever we enjoy long stretches of sunny weather, I forget that Vancouver is rainy and grey for most of the year. Memory loss even to the point where I had to think hard to remember if I had a coat suitable for the rain. I mean, come on, can you imagine forgetting what your rain coat looks like when you live in Vancouver? Anyway, I found mine today.

Perhaps the return of the rain scared away early morning breakfasters, Café Luxy was quiet. I've heard this place is a locals hangout and that the pasta dinners are very well received. It has a relaxed, Mediterranean vibe and the service was friendly. The food is generously portioned, options focus on eggs – scrambles, omelettes and bennys.

1235 Davie Street
Breakfast hours: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
www.cafeluxy.com
Photos

1 comment:

kokostiletto said...

yes yes i've been here for lunch and it's quite good!