Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sophie’s Cosmic Café

Today I had breakfast with a friend I hadn’t seen in years. Curiously, this is a trend of late. She had suggested Viva, which I also love, but in honour of new breakfast adventures I suggested Sophie’s as I hadn’t been there yet and it’s in her neighbourhood.

Sophie’s is well known for their big portions and big lineups. And today they didn’t disappoint. Although, I suggested we arrive at 9:45 to beat the rush, and we did. The menu offers a wide variety for breakfast, enough to cajole everyone I would think. My Eggs Mexicana was huge. And my friend, wise to the ways of Sophie, concocted her own reasonably-portioned breakfast plate – one pancake, one egg and sides of bacon and blueberries. Smart.

2095 West 4th Avenue
Breakfast hours: Daily, 8 a.m. to
Photos

No comments: