Sunday, October 12, 2008

Blue Fox Café (Victoria)

I want to place the Blue Fox on my favourites list. But my blog is breakfast in Vancouver, and I already have a Victoria favourite listed, so I will abstain. However, this breakfast experience has inspired me to create new categories. And the Blue Fox Café is easily my winner of the Best Benny category!

My Eggs in Hell Benny was devilishly good: spicy chorizo, avocado, grilled tomato, chipotle aioli on top of a chewy, toasted bagel and covered in a fabulous hollandaise! If you could have seen my eyes upon first bite – bing, bing, bing, bing! And before the benny, my friend and I had already shared the daily special cinnamon bun - a caramelized, gooey delight.

The atmosphere is colourful and upbeat, it just feels happy, and our server definitely matched the vibe. Weekend lineups are usual, the locals let me know that the entire menu is excellent and worth it.

101-919 Fort Street, Victoria
Breakfast hours:
Monday to Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday: 8:00 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Photos

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Hey awesome blog... but I must mention that since the Blue Fox is in Victoria I'd like to recommend Pane Vero Cafe on Commercial, just south of Venables, only available on weekends I've had it a number of times since discovering it a few months ago.

In Search of Breakfast said...

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for the tip on Pane Vero! I wasn't aware of it. I look forward to checking it out.

Happy breakfasting.

Unknown said...

Do you have a top pick (or picks) for best benny in Vancouver?

In Search of Breakfast said...

Hi Tomah,
Thanks for asking about the bennys! I do find it a little tough to comment as I don't always try the bennys every time I go out. Having said that, some places that I would encourage trying out their bennys are:
Abigail’s Party
Caffe Barney (Main St)
Crave
Roundel Café
The Red Wagon
Happy breakfasting!

andrea chiu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shea Kang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.