Sunday, December 7, 2008

Nu

Given the location, I was thrilled the sun came out this morning. We were able to take full advantage of Nu’s floor-to-ceiling, wrap-around, ocean-view windows – one of their features which draws a crowd for Sunday brunch. Another attraction is the live jazz. The mellifluous vocals added the right texture to the room.

We performed a study of potato dishes this morning, sampling the poutine and the rosti, but somehow we missed the sautéed potatoes. S’ok, I don’t think my jeans could have taken another millimetre of expansion. Courses: complimentary grapes, poutine, complimentary hot chocolate and scones, eggs benny, potato rosti, french toast. I need to find a seamstress.

Every breakfast is unique and I love that I never know what the conversation will be. Today: doggy haute couture.

1661 Granville Street (under the Granville Street bridge)
Brunch hours: Saturday/Sunday: 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
www.whatisnu.com
Photos

No comments: