Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kolachy Co. (CLOSED)

NOTE: They are now closed.
-----------------------
I needed a breakfast fix on my way to dance class this morning – something light and quick. Kolachy Co. fit the bill and was on the way. The shop is small, only a few tables inside, which I guess plays into the idea that kolachy’s are meant to be a convenient, on-the-run kind of meal.

Kolachy’s are palm-sized, whole-wheat dough balls baked with a variety of fillings. The in-store menu listed which selections were available today. From the breakfast column (available all day) I choose the Western (ham, egg, onions, peppers, cheese) and the Chorizo (chorizo, egg, tomato, peppers) – $3.50 each.

I got what I needed.

888 Beatty Street
Breakfast hours:
Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

www.kolachy.com
Photos

2 comments:

suggah said...

I like their mushroom pesto one!

Anonymous said...

I am a huge Kolachy Co fan. Love a quick western or veggie scramble in the morn. I was pumped to see how healthy they are (nutritional info is now posted). I guess being homemade with natural ingredients makes sense.