Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Reef (Commercial Drive)

Walking up the Drive to meet my friend I was surprised to notice that all the breakfast spots along the way were mostly empty – and this was 10:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning! Albeit the crowd had yet to arrive at The Reef, the soul-stirring sounds of reggae were already pumping through the speaker system. I’m up, I’m up!

Da menu consists of all t’ings you may expect from a Caribbean-themed restaurant. And many items are vegetarian friendly. My Jerk Pork Benny (not vegetarian friendly) was concededly mild which, for my morning stomach, was OK with me. A shout out for the citrus hollandaise, loved the lime accent. I also had the Banana Lime Coconut Smoothie – I really appreciate when someone adds their own unique spin to a standard item.

I left feeling a little lighter than when I arrived – in spirit, I mean. Yah mahn.

1018 Commercial Drive
Brunch hours: Saturday/Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
www.thereefrestaurant.com
Photos

No comments: