Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tomahawk Restaurant

Steeped in local folklore and dressed in West Coast Native paraphernalia, the Tomahawk is still going strong after 80 years in business. Started in 1926, the Tomahawk has stayed in the family, although it has changed locations twice since then. A visit here is more about playing a part in Vancouver’s history than anything else.

They are famous for their burgers, but also for their diner breakfasts. Portions are large and a must-have is their signature Yukon-style bacon. My Yukon Breakfast claimed to come with 7 pieces, but I’m sure I had at least 10! Thankfully, my partner had room to finish my meal after his Chuck Wagon breakfast, because even after giving away 3 pieces of bacon and two pieces of toast, I still couldn’t do it.

I would have gone just to read the placemats, good for sh*ts and giggles.

1550 Philip Avenue, North Vancouver
Breakfast hours:
Sunday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Friday-Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

www.tomahawkrestaurant.com
Photos

No comments: