Saturday, February 21, 2009

Marmalade Kitchen & Bar (CLOSED)

UPDATE: Marmalade KB is now closed.
-----------------------------------
One of my favourite early childhood memories is of my Mom singing John Denver’s “Sunshine on My Shoulders”. I was feeling it today while at Marmalade – “sunshine on my shoulders making me happy” and “sunshine on the water looking so lovely”.

Located right on the seawall overlooking a marina and facing Granville Island, the outdoor patio here is perfect for soaking up rays and enjoying the view. Floor-to-ceiling windows also let the sun shine down while sitting inside. The decor has a modern, lounge-y vibe. I imagine it would be a sexy spot in the evening.

The brunch menu carries breakfast and lunch items. I’ve heard good things about the burger here, but that was too much at 10:00 a.m., so I went for the pancakes instead. Our dishes were simplistic, but executed nicely.

3-1010 Beach Avenue
Brunch hours: Saturday/Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
www.marmaladekb.com
Photos

No comments: