Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cindy’s

I am so grateful to all my friends who indulge me in playing along with my breakfast adventure. Today, we delighted in being with some of our West Vancouverite friends. Cindy’s, a local spot, was suggested by one of them and I might have missed it otherwise. Run by Cindy herself (though not in the house today), it has a very homey vibe – her son is the cook and her family photos hang on the walls.

The breakfast menu runs all day and offers a tempting selection of omelettes and bennys. It just so happens that we all ordered off the fresh sheet – my friends chose the Fresh Fruit Smoothie, Wild Mushroom Benny, Mediterranean Scramble, and No-carb Scramble. Unfortunately no one chose the waffles, they looked amazing. My pick, the Spring Scramble involved asparagus, green onions and a light lemony hollandaise. As well as being tasty, the meals were generous in portion.

We definitely needed the round at Ambleside Pitch and Putt afterwards to walk it off!

1850 Marine Drive, West Vancouver
Breakfast hours:
Monday to Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday: 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Website
Photos

No comments: