Saturday, September 19, 2009

Epicurean Caffé

I have passed by this place at 1st and Cypress dozens of times in my life and, for some reason, have never gone in. I don’t know why. And after breakfast today, I really don’t know why. It is a local hotspot and others seemed to know their way around. Most were settled in with their coffee and morning paper. I was a little unsure of the system, as there is a coffee bar where you order, but it’s for those who are wanting to order their drink to go. Otherwise, have a seat in the cozy space, sit tight and your order will be taken.

This Italian-style caffe serves some delicious breakfast. My Focaccia Benedict was layered with perfectly-crisp pancetta, topped with a nice hollandaise, and served on top of focaccia, of course. My sides of rosemary potatoes and greens were just right. My friend’s Pancakes were simple and elegant, served with yogurt and berry sauces. I like.

1898 West 1st Avenue
Breakfast hours: 7:30 a.m., Daily
www.epicureancaffe.com
Photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the little fingers do the talking. so cute.
Mom