Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sevasty’s Coffee

I am not a jaded local – I love Granville Island. Not only the public market, but the energy of the entire ‘island’ excites me – such a diverse group of businesses, creators and artists. One of the most peaceful times to be there is early morning, before the daily influx of shoppers and tourists.

I met my friends there early today, a little too early, as the restaurant we agreed to meet at wasn’t yet open. Instead, we wandered over to the Net Loft to Sevasty’s Coffee. Sevasty’s is a takeout spot mostly, seating is food court style. Their focus is coffees and pastries, but they do have a respectable breakfast menu. I wanted simple, and my Egg, Ham and Cheese on Whole Wheat Bagel hit the spot. They did a fine job of a Spinach and Feta Omelette, as well.

After breakfast, the five-year-old in our group was dropped off at his Creative Drama class at the Arts Umbrella. Did I mention that I love Granville Island?

7-1666 Johnston Street (Granville Island)
Breakfast hours: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Daily
Website
Photos

No comments: