Sunday, October 4, 2009

Burgoo (Main Street)

Today is one of those days where I feel amazed and grateful just to be alive. Clear blue skies. Crisp autumn air. A relaxed energy around. I am breathing deep. Perhaps I would have enjoyed any breakfast today, but we had a successful outing at Burgoo on Main.

I have to admit, my partner and I have gone in the past for dinner and been underwhelmed by the food. Our brunch redeemed itself, in my eyes (and stomach). My Oeufs Cocotte – baked eggs with potatoes, artichokes, spinach and Gruyere cheese – elicited a few “mmm’s” from me. Likewise, the Sandwich Breakfast for my guy.

And boosting the experience was our friendly server and being able to sit on the comfortable patio in the warm sunshine. The complimentary blankets provided weren’t even necessary. Happy, happy.

3096 Main Street
Brunch hours: Saturday/Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
www.burgoo.ca
Photos

4 comments:

kokostiletto said...

Burgoo mac and cheese is really good !!

Jackie said...

dude. i LOVE burgoo a lot. i didn't even know they did brunch! let me know if you need a companion for some further research.

Anonymous said...

awesome site! keep up the posts :)

Anonymous said...

When visiting Burgoo, one MUST have the tomato soup and gooey cheese grillers! I promise once you have this combination, you will not eat anything else at Burgoo again!