Sunday, November 1, 2009

White Spot (Kitsilano)

Move along, folks, move along. Nothing new to see here. This morning, when I said, “let’s go to White Spot”, my partner said, “really? You want to go to White Spot?" For those who know me well, it goes without saying that I prefer independent eateries to chains.

But driving my decision this morning was, one, laziness and, two, a craving for a traditional breakfast. I didn’t feel like travelling too far from home just to have eggs and sausages. Although, to be fair, White Spot began as an original. As the story goes, it all started at the lookout point on SW Marine Drive, where ol’ Nat Bailey served food from his Model T truck, which he had transformed into a travelling lunch counter. And from those modest beginnings grew the BC empire we know it as today. It’s familiar, it’s breakfast.

2518 West Broadway
Breakfast hours: 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Daily
www.whitespot.com
Photos

No comments: