Sunday, December 20, 2009

Refuel (CLOSED)

I, for one, am very happy that Fuel decided to "take it down a notch". I love the new name (Refuel), the new menu (comfort classics updated), the new prices (economy still in recovery mode), and that they added brunch to the menu (I'm sure it is clear why I am happy about this one).

On Saturdays and Sundays, they do serve their regular lunch menu, plus they have a selective brunch menu to choose from. My guy ordered the Bacon and Egg Sandwich. The bacon, especially, was amazing. No surprise here as these are the same people who run Campagnolo, and if you refer to my post, it is all about the pork there, too.

But we mistakenly ordered the salad instead of the fries. Please, learn from our mistake, get the fries. Though vegetarians beware, the fries are coated in beef tallow for seasoning. The reason we made this choice is because we had decided to share the Refuel Potatoes – delicate pureed potatoes mixed with cheese curds that result in a gooey, stringy mess of cheesy potatoes. I finished off my potatoes with an order of Baked Eggs – mushroom cream, spinach and more cheese. It's the holidays – go big, right?

1944 West 4th Avenue
Brunch hours: Saturday/Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

www.refuelrestaurant.com
Photos

No comments: