Sunday, January 31, 2010

Timbre

A friend told me that recently she had eaten one of the best bennys ever at Timbre Restaurant. You know I had to go back with her to see for myself.

The Crab Cake Benny arrived looking simply like every other benny I’ve seen at every other joint. But the secret to this dish is the crab cake itself – amazingly flavourful and well-seasoned. My friend and the waitress commiserated over the fact that they would like to try some of the other menu items, yet they order the crab cake benny every time.

The menu also offers items such as elk, corned beef and mipkozola. Huh?! Yes, I had never heard of it either. Mipkozola is inuit air-dried muskox. We didn’t try it today, but perhaps one day we’ll go back and not order the crab cake benny. Perhaps.

2068 Commercial Drive
Brunch hours: Saturday/Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
www.timbrerestaurant.com
Photos

2 comments:

Zoë said...

WaaZuBee does nice breakfast.

In Search of Breakfast said...

Great, thanks for the tip, Zoe!