Saturday, August 14, 2010

Trixi’s Crepes

Simplicity rules at this little crêperie and coffeehaus. Run by a husband-and-wife team, it feels as though you’ve walked into their little country cottage, but in the heart of the Cambie Village.

When my veggie friend suggested we have breakfast today, I chose Trixi’s because of its multitude of vegetarian-friendly options. Crêpes are divided into sweet or savoury offerings. I had my eye on the peanut butter and nutella crêpe, but my need for salt ruled. Instead I had the number 23 – ham, tomato, mushroom and swiss. Simply prepared, simply presented. Salt depletion avoided successfully.

3306 Cambie Street
Breakfast hours:
Monday to Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursday to Saturday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
www.trixiscrepes.ca
Photos

5 comments:

musicjuices said...

I love what you're doing with this blog!

Just wondering where you would suggest for a weekday breakfast? I work weekends and find it hard to find anywhere other than the Templeton to eat.

In Search of Breakfast said...

Hi musicjuices, thanks for your comment. From my favourite's list, the one's with an early start on weekdays include:

Acacia Fillo Bar•Café (7:00 a.m.)
Brioche (7:00 a.m.)
Deacon’s Corner (7:00 a.m.)
Jethro’s Fine Grub (8:00 a.m.)
Medina Café (8:00 a.m.)
Patisserie Lebeau (7:30 a.m.)
Seb's Market Cafe (6:30 a.m.)

Happy breakfasting!

Cathy said...

I love your blog and have been to several of the joints you recommended but I have to disagree with you on Trixie's. I found their crepes to be pricey, I ordered the one with asparagus, ham, and cheese and disappointing got one whole aspargus, unchopped. It was not enjoyable trying to divy up the stick of asparagus to get some in more than 2 bites. But keep up the blog, I love it!

In Search of Breakfast said...

Hi Cathy, thanks for stopping by! I don't notice anything in your comment that contradicts anything I said in mine. I would love to read some comments from you about the places you did enjoy! That would be fun. Happy breakfasting!

Tia said...

i've heard of this place before but never tried it - now I want to :)