Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lolita’s

Obscure fact: I like to look up words in dictionaries. Today’s brunch inspired me to look up the word “Lolita”: a precociously seductive girl. Makes sense. When she first arrived on the scene 5 years ago, she was definitely seductive. One had to lineup for brunch in the hopes to bask briefly in her presence, and once you’d eaten, to be shooed away as quickly as you’d arrived. And then, without warning, she disappeared – no brunch.

Well, she’s back. Perhaps a little mellower in her later years. We were told “it’s relatively quiet during the brunch hours”. This suited me just fine as I, too, have matured and prefer a quieter scene. But she is still offering the same great food I remember from before. My Huevos Rancheros were excellent: a mole sauce, layered with crispy tortillas, black beans, topped with two eggs over easy and perfect renditions of guacamole and pico de gallo salsa. My friend felt equally happy over her Huevos Rueveltos.

If you’re craving a little Latin love, Lolita still delivers.

1326 Davie Street
Brunch hours: Saturday/Sunday: 11:00 to 3:00 p.m.
www.lolitasrestaurant.com
Photos

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ate here today from your blog.. not bad.. Cheap brown bread and overdone potatoes. Otherwise, not bad. My score- 3 out of 5. Enjoying your blog through and will breakfast my way through your blog posts..