Saturday, October 16, 2010

Damien’s Belgian Waffle Factory

Today was a glorious Fall day and we were riding one of my favourite bike rides in the entire city – the Richmond West Dyke Trail. I love this ride, there is something mystical about the combination of wildlife, sea, sky and mountain views. And where else in Vancouver can one see Belted Galloway cows?!

Admittedly, along the way I was distracted as I had my mind on the waffles waiting for us at Damien’s Belgian Waffle Factory in Steveston. Don’t let the term “factory” throw you off. While it is a production facility (I won’t name which top restaurant sources here), it is better described as a hole-in-the-wall shop. They have many flavours of their Liege waffles – matcha, chai, vanilla, and more, but my favourite is the maple. Their “all-day breakfast” includes waffle, berries, whipped cream and tea for $6.

We were perfectly content enjoying our breakfast and tea out front at the only table while soaking up the sun. Lovely.

3891 Chatham Street, Steveston
Breakfast hours: Tuesday to Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
www.damienswaffles.ca
Photos

No comments: