Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bon’s Off Broadway

I cannot believe after living in Vancouver for 22 years, today was the first time I’ve made it to Bon’s. Crazy, but true.

Yes, they’ve been delivering their $2.95 breakfast special for 25 years now. Not much else has changed in the past 25 years, either. I would put money on the fact that it’s still the same tableware (now chipped), tables (now wobbly), decor (80s movie posters and graffiti), paint (mustard yellow), music (rockin’ at high decibels), and carpets (just don’t look). The place is real.

I was fascinated by the broad cross-section of customers (from crusty to cultured), and everyone seemed quite content with their experience. It’s a must-see Vancouver institution – I’m just not sure which kind. ;)

2451 Nanaimo Street
Breakfast hours:
Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Photos

3 comments:

Tia said...

ive heard so much about this place, i really must try it. thanks for the review!

Buttercreambarbie

Darwinfish said...

No offence, but you don't really say anything about the breakfast itself.

In Search of Breakfast said...

No offence taken, Darwinfish. This site is a log of my breakfast adventures, not meant to be a review site. I must say that everything I write is with intention.
Happy breakfasting!