Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crème de la Crumb Bakery

While on my way to a meeting this morning, I wanted a quick bite, and this sweet little bakery provided the perfect solution. What caught my eye immediately were the Cinnamon Buns – perfect ratio of dough to filling, more cinnamon-y than sweet, soft chewy texture.

As I was waiting for my bun and tea, the owner let me know that they are known for their scones. There was a great selection: lime and coconut, cranberry and white chocolate, cheddar and apple, apple and cinnamon, vanilla and pear. I was sold. I bought one “to take home”. Ha! Didn’t make it 5 minutes before I tore off a piece.

As I continued to eat my Cheddar and Apple Scone, I heard myself thinking “wow, what a light, fluffy crumb.” Then I thought, “strange, I have never heard myself refer to the “crumb” of a baked good before. Either this bakery has the name (and baking) just right or I’ve been watching too many episodes of the Next Great Baker.” Probably both.

466 Granville Street
Breakfast hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
www.cremedelacrumb.com
Photos

No comments: