Sunday, March 6, 2011

Caffé Barney (Main Street)

Sunday, 11:00 a.m. – breakfast prime time – I wasn’t surprised to find Caffé Barney busy. Even so, there was a table or two still available. And yes, they will direct you to your table by yelling at you. The reason for the yelling? It was LOUD! I share this not to deter you, instead to prepare you. Anyone interested in sound engineering would find the acoustics here fascinating.

Me, I found my Eggsotic Benny fascinating. Rich avocado, briny shrimp, and fresh tomato – a great combo. And the surprise for me was the hollandaise. It’s one of those foods where I cannot really determine its excellence by visual alone. Upon tasting, this one is yummy. I wonder if it’s made from scratch, does anyone know?

I know that if you go on a weekend, get ready to yell.

2526 Main Street
Breakfast hours:

Photos

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food quality is good but the attitude of the waitress is bad. (the lady with black hair, green eyes, in her 40's) if they improve the service this place could do much better.

In Search of Breakfast said...

Perhaps she was having a bad day. Perhaps she was reflecting that you were having a bad day. In either case, you both deserve love instead of criticism.

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for taking your time "Anonymous" to first of all add to the general social media which helps us to advertise our great space! Any feed back is great feed back and we always love to hear from our guests! Caffe Barney has been an institution for almost 25 years and I have been lucky enough to be on the forefront for the last 15! It is all of you that have made this happen for us! Thanks again to all of you and your support! Cheers (the lady with the black hair, green eyes, in her 30's)

YVR Nosher said...

Consistently great food and service is perfectly fine for a casual ambience.
Have visited Barney on Main frequently on both Saturdays and Sunday and, yes the crowd can be noisy at times, but I have yet to suffer from poor service.
I appreciate a server with personality, a sense of humour, and the ability to crack wise their customers, even when the crowd is keeping them on their toes.