Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sylvia Hotel

I am continually amazed by the fact that there always seems to be the perfect place to go for breakfast which suits my mood and needs. Today it was the landmark Sylvia Hotel. A friend and I were meeting to catch up, so we needed somewhere where we would feel free to take our time. Also I was feeling a little under the weather and wanted to be somewhere that felt warm and comforting. And it is located 3 blocks from said friend’s home. Choice made.

I believe the best word I can think of to describe the setting, menu, and service here is “classic”. Overlooking English Bay, what view is more Vancouver than this? Our Stanley Park Benny and Denver Omelette, served with crispy fried potatoes, were executed in a way that I feel would appeal to a broad audience from children to elderly patrons, which is mostly who you will find here. Cute.

The next time you need a big hug for breakfast, go here.

1154 Gilford Street
Breakfast hours:
Monday to Saturday: 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Sunday: 7:00 a.m to 11:00 a.m.
Sunday brunch: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
www.sylviahotel.com/restaurant
Photos

No comments: