Sunday, April 24, 2011

Secret Garden Tea Company

My brother and his family recently moved to Vancouver from jolly old Victoria. I am happy to have them here, it has been a very long time since he and I have lived in the same city. We wanted to celebrate Easter brunch together and I thought that the Secret Garden Tea Company, given its English teahouse atmosphere, would make them feel right at home.

Renowned for their High Tea service, Secret Garden also offers breakfast and lunch menus. Without a doubt, the highlights here are the baked goods and beverage teas. Over 40 premium teas are available, and as a table we enjoyed the Vanilla Rooibos, Creamy Earl Grey, and Strawberry Kiwi Herbal. For food, my family mostly ordered cheddar omelettes (birds of a feather), but I think I hit the jackpot with my Gammy’s Apple Pancakes. I loved these pancakes – richly textured, crisped edges, and just the right amount of apples and cinnamon.

And remember the baked goods. We took some Easter treats home – egg-shaped sugar cookies, decorated fudge brownie bites, and heart-shaped cheddar scones.

5559 West Boulevard
Breakfast hours:
Monday to Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Sunday: 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
www.secretgardentea.com
Photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks yummy! so good to have you all together.
Happy Easter.
Mom