Monday, May 16, 2011

Cinnamon’s (Kailua, HI)

Yes, Hawai’i. I am here again visiting friends and, of course, they indulge me in my breakfast quest – quite happily, I believe. First up, Cinnamon’s, a local institution since 1985 and they have the decor to prove it.

When I’m not in Vancouver, what I am looking for are breakfast items that I can’t get at home. For local flavour, I ordered their signature Guava Chiffon Pancakes. They looked syrupy sweet, but the sauce was just right. In fact, I added coconut sauce on top. Quite worthy of their “signature” designation, I say. My friend, after living here for over two years, is local enough that she is past the novelty of it all. She just orders what she feels like eating, which was the Baja Breakfast.

This was a great start to our breakfast in Hawai’i journey.

315 Uluniu Street, Kailua, HI
Breakfast hours: 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Daily
www.cinnamonsrestaurant.com
Photos

1 comment:

Laura said...

Guava Chiffon Pancakes! I can't think of any other words that sound so perfect. Hope you had a great trip!