Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tango Contemporary Café (Honolulu, HI)

Given the fact that my friends live on the other side of the island from “town” and that I was on vacation, we had to make a concerted effort for the three of us to be up, ready and out of the house in time to make it to breakfast at Tango due to their short window for breakfast hours. After a couple of attempts, we finally made it.

Once there, I couldn’t decide between the Crab Hash Benedict or the “Loco Moco” Benedict. When I asked the server which of the two she would recommend, she said I didn’t have to choose, the kitchen would do one of each. Really?! Woohoo! I was embarrassingly excited about this revelation and most appreciative. The more flavours the better. Even though I loved the 5-spice braised beef on the loco moco, the crab benny was my favourite this day.

This café is run by a Swedish chef who appears to be running a tight ship, a little more refined than your average spot in town.

120-1288 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI
Breakfast hours:
Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Saturday/Sunday: 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
www.tangocafehawaii.com
Photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, Tango has the best hollandaise I've had on the island. And darn good coffee too.