Friday, July 1, 2011

Pacific Buffet on the BC Ferries

We are one ferry ride away from paradise on earth. Another Canada Day long weekend, another camping trip to Nitinat Lake. I realize I am slightly biased to the beauty of Vancouver Island as I grew up there. For me, the ferry ride always gives that comforting feeling of “coming home”. And even though I’ve ridden these ferries hundreds of times, I am still able to count the number of times I’ve eaten at the Pacific Buffet on one hand only. We did today, almost out of necessity, as the ferry was so busy there was an hour wait to eat at the cafeteria. I’m not complaining.

Being ferry food, they actually provide relatively good value and a nice selection. Cold stations include: salads, pastries, cereal, fruit and yogurt. Hot stations include: french toast and waffles, sausages, bacon, ham, baked beans, corned beef hash, hashed browns, omelets, and a couple of dim sum items. And of course, unlimited tea, coffee, and juice.

My favourite features are enjoying the spectacular views and having our own spacious table to play Ingenious.

BC Ferries (Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay Route)
Breakfast buffet hours: 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. sailings, Daily
www.bcferries.com
Photos

No comments: