Sunday, August 14, 2011

Save-On-Meats

One of the many elements I enjoy so much about these breakfast adventures is the people I get to share them with. I have discovered that what makes a breakfast great is the overall experience, not just the food. Of course, the food is an extremely important part, but not the whole.

Today I had the opportunity to experience the re-created Save-On-Meats for the first time with a first-time breakfasting friend. One of the traits she and I share is our love of talking about food. So I knew exactly what she meant when she said, “don’t you love it when you love what you ordered!” The “what” she was referring to was her 3 Egg Scramble with sausage, cheddar, and tomatoes, and a savoury herb biscuit subbed for the standard toast. I sneaked a taste and the sausage was the obvious standout - good marketing for the butcher shop.

I was so busy having a good time, however, I forgot to explore the other side where the butcher shop and take-out window are located, delivering the already infamous $1.50 breakfast sandwich. I may have to abandon my “new places only” practice to return and try this signature item.

43 West Hastings Street
Breakfast hours:
Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Saturday/Sunday: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

www.saveonmeats.ca
Photos

No comments: