Sunday, September 25, 2011

Grove Inn

Me: “Let’s go for breakfast this morning.”
Him (half-joking): “OK, let’s go to the Grove.”
Me: “OK.”
Him (half-surprised): “What do you mean, OK?”
Me: “OK. I haven’t blogged about the Grove before.”
Him: “How is that possible?”

After breakfast blogging for over four years now, it does seem hard to believe that there are still these classic locations which I haven't been to in all this time. Of course, in my yesteryears when I lived in the West End and was on a 20-something’s budget, I would visit on more frequent occasion. A lot has changed, yet little has changed since then.

Same tacky diner dive decor (said lovingly), yet new owners who have “touched up” the place. Same greasy spoon all-day breakfasts, yet new all-day Japanese menu items. Same customers, yet... uh, same customers.

1047 Denman Street
Breakfast hours: 7:00 a.m. to close, Daily
Photos

No comments: