Sunday, October 16, 2011

Heidi’s Café

Previous to breakfast this morning, I was relatively ignorant of the fact that Vancouver has its very own “Sunset Strip”. Fraser Street is the heart of the Sunset neighbourhood, and from 41st to 51st Avenues it is a diverse community of shops, services, and restaurants. I ask myself, how have I lived in this magnificent city for over 20 years and have never explored this area?

Well, today was the day and Heidi’s Café was the inspiration for the journey. This spot reflects its surroundings – a mixed clientele, delightful staff, and low-key atmosphere. Logistics such as order at the counter and self-serve coffee support its café status. Chosen from a simple menu, my Pancakes and his Jumbo Breakfast were nicely prepared, my partner even commented “mmm, they are good cooks.” Remember to check the big chalk board for daily specials.

5943 Fraser Street
Breakfast hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Daily
Photos

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog! Have you tried Perch yet? Same people as the Wallflower.

In Search of Breakfast said...

Thanks, Anonymous! And thanks for the tip about Perch. I'll add it to my list. Happy breakfasting.

In Search of Breakfast said...

This blog does not accept anonymous negativity. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Because of your blog we picked Hiedi's Càfe to have breakfast. It was great! Good food, good service, friendly staff, good prices. Would recommend.

In Search of Breakfast said...

Hi Anonymous, glad to hear you had a great experience at Heidi’s. Happy breakfasting!