Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chewies Steam and Oyster Bar

I’ve been excited to go to Chewies since it opened over a month ago, mostly for its New Orleans-style food concept. One of my fondest childhood food memories is eating at the Blue Bayou located within one of my all-time favourite rides – Pirates of the Caribbean. I understand it is ridiculous to associate today’s experience with Disneyland, I am just saying it conjured up good feelings before I even arrived.

Obviously, Chewies is much more sophisticated, yet they still deliver on the good vibes. The staff here are outstanding – they accepted our annoying indecision and accommodated our slightly higher than average demands without even batting an eyelash. On top of that, they were jovial and friendly. I don’t usually dedicate so much time to talking about service, however the staff here deserve the recognition.

And let’s not forget the food. I love their menu, they are clear about who they are and the menu stays true to their idea. Our table enjoyed the Crab Cakes Benedict with Cajun Hollandaise, Southern Fried Chicken and Waffles, and Andouille Hash. While there we also perused the dinner menu, and I cannot wait to go back and try the seafood pan roast, fried okra, and beignets.

Chewies is a happy place.

2201 West 1st Avenue
Brunch hours: Saturday/Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
www.chewies.ca
Photos

No comments: