Saturday, March 10, 2012

Habit (CLOSED)

Update (07/20/13): Habit has changed concepts and has been reopened under the same ownership as Charlie’s Little Italian. I’ve not yet checked out their brunch.
-----------------------
When I arrived at Habit this morning, the first thing I noticed was how much I liked the feel of the room. It had a comforting mix of mellow and upbeat energy. The lighting, though dark away from the windows, lent a cozy air, and the loungy music was relaxed (but not chill) and at the right decibel. As well, the staff were on top of things, but not rushed.

I am always lured by atypical menu choices and there were a few, such as the BLTA breakfast sandwich or the breakfast perogies. My head tried to talk me into one of these items, but my heart knew I wanted pancakes. So I went with the Granola Pancakes, and thank goodness I did, they were amazing. When they came to the table I couldn’t stop swooning over the aroma of the apples and cinnamon, and they had those perfect crispy pancakes edges we all love. My friend’s Huevos Rancheros, scented with smoked paprika, were also ambrosial.

The whole scene is set for a brunch-y state of being.

2610 Main Street
Brunch hours: 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Saturday/Sunday
www.habitlounge.ca
Photos

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommend this blog all the time. You and I must be Breakfast Sisters, because everything you recommend, I love!

In Search of Breakfast said...

Thanks for sharing, anonymous! Glad to hear you love it as much as I do.
Happy breakfasting. :)

Anonymous said...

Went there this week after reading this blog, was rather disappointed. I had the Heuvos Rancheros while my wife had the breakfast scramble. The rice was undercooked and obviously warmed up in the microwave. The corn tortilla was stale, beans unseasoned (and tasted like it was right out of a can). My wife's scrabble was not fluffy, fillings felt like an after thought. It's too bad. The place looks great.

In Search of Breakfast said...

Hello Anonymous, thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments. I often wonder why two different people can go to the same restaurant and have a completely different experience. Seeing as this is true time and time again, my conclusion is that it's not the restaurant, but the people that make the experience. Happy breakfasting.