Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Artisan Eats (Bowen Island)

A personal mission led me to Bowen Island today. So close to the city, yet so far in terms of pace of life. As soon as I was on the ferry, I felt as though I was able to breathe deeper. The short 20 minute crossing is long with spectacular scenery. The adjective I’d used most to describe things on Bowen is charming - the beach cottages, the local library, small church, the shops and restaurants.

Artisan Eats is located in Artisan Square, just up the hill from the village, and is surrounded by other small businesses such as a chocolatier, yoga studio, art gallery and more. The café’s appeal was aided by today’s streaming sun and distant views of the sparkling blue ocean. The visual feast continued when our Breakfast Hash and Breakfast Skillet were presented. After leisurely enjoying breakfast and on our way out, I couldn’t help but ogle the baked goods and I was so intrigued by the unusual combination, I bought a Banana Chocolate Basil Muffin to go. The combo is delicious!

539 Artisan Lane, Bowen Island
Breakfast hours:
Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. to Noon
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
www.artisaneats.ca
Photos

No comments: