Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Yolk’s Breakfast Truck

My 200th breakfast adventure! I wanted this one to be memorable so I marked Yolk’s Breakfast especially for this occasion. A food truck for a special occasion? In my world, yes, indeedy. And I was right in doing so.

First, let me rave about the food. The majority of the menu is made up of a choice of egg sandwiches. Single serving on an English muffin or double everything on ciabatta bread. My Smoked Bacon Egg Sandwich with arugula and cheddar was awesome! Crispy bacon, perfectly cooked egg (runny - they actually warn you that it has potential to “explode”), nicely toasted muffin (this alone makes me happy), sharp cheddar. My friend equally enjoyed his Roasted Portobello Mushroom Egg Sandwich with hollandaise. What took them both over the top was the Truffle-Lemon Hashbrown Skewer. A must-have dish.

Another customer also gave thumbs-up approval of her Croque Madame Muffin, which highlights another great thing about a food truck - it promotes community. As we were waiting for our food, it was natural to chat with others doing the same. As well, how often do you get to talk with the chef/owner while they’re making your food? And the Yolk’s folks are very friendly, it was nice to be greeted with a genuine smile first thing in the morning.

Not only did Yolk’s deliver the deliciousness, the sun was out this morning, plus I was able to share the fun with someone very special to me. Indelible.

Beatty Street at Dunsmuir (at top of Stadium Skytrain Station)
Winter breakfast hours:
Wednesday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
yolks.ca
Photos

2 comments:

Paul Singer said...

While visiting Vancouver a few weekends ago we discovered that Yokes has a full on restaurant. The food is only topped by the great staff. Everything was fresh and tasty. The Chicken and Waffles is not to be missed.
East Village 1298 East Hastings Street

In Search of Breakfast said...

Hi Paul, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I haven’t had a chance to visit Yolk’s Restaurant yet. Looking forward to checking it out. Happy breakfasting!