Sunday, December 9, 2012

Currents at The Bayshore

“I like this place,” said my friend. “It’s bright, cheery, extremely clean, the ceilings are high so it feels spacious, I’m sure it has a lovely view when it’s not raining, the buffet has a fair selection, and the food is pretty good.” This is coming from my long-time friend originally from Germany, and she can be stereotypically German – pragmatic and particular. Though I’m one to talk, as I selected this spot because it was efficient – near her place and enroute to where I was going next.

I liked it, too. I do have a soft spot for hotel restaurants, though. I can’t quite put my finger on why other than that they feel comforting. The breakfast menu is hotel-style priced, so we felt that the $28 breakfast buffet was the best value. Called the “Breakfast Table”, this buffet offers the basics. And though my friend is vegetarian, so could not eat the bacon, ham, or sausage, she did enjoy her three croissants with the Bonne Maman mini-jar jams (once you open the jar, you get to take the rest home).

1601 Bayshore Drive
Breakfast hours: 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Daily
www.westinbayshore.com
Photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've been reading your blog for a long time and it's my go-to when I'm not sure where to go and am looking for somewhere new. I am an editor of a website for new immigrants to Vancouver and would love to have you write a guest post on breakfast spots in the city. Please email me at hazel@2vancouver.com to discuss.

Thanks!