Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fable

As many people know, the restaurant’s name was born on Top Chef Canada and comes from the concept of “farm to table”. Because of Fable’s origins, I realize that I went in today with uncharacteristically high expectations. As a result, I found myself being finicky and vocal about it, “this table’s too small”, “it’s cold in here”. Our server took it all in stride, solved every grievance calmly and effectively, without a single ounce of resistance, “let’s change out this table”, “I'll check on the heat”. I was so impressed with her. She also keenly navigated my non-pork eating friend through the pork-riddled menu.

To me, what makes the food at Fable stand out is its execution. I had the scrambled eggs, hash browns, toast, and a side of bacon. It sounds like every day fare, but each element was uniquely crafted and brought together to tell an original tale. Thoughtfulness could be found in every detail on the plate such as velvety creamy parmesan eggs, a brick-shaped rosti lending many sides for tasty caramelization, delicate house-made brioche, and the perfect thick slice of bacon served with seasonally-spiced apple jam.

True to their name, they are becoming a legendary story.

1944 West 4th Avenue
Brunch hours: Saturday/Sunday: 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
www.fablekitchen.ca
Photos

No comments: