Thursday, April 11, 2013

Solly’s Bagelry

I wanted a quick breakfast today, so I walked over to the nearby Solly’s Bagelry (there are three locations around town). They identify themselves as a homestyle Jewish bakery and deli, their specialty being bagels - boiled and baked in the traditional way. I prefer these type of bagels - the soft, chewy, dense texture with the crusty exterior.

Breakfast options are several different egg-wiches. My Roasted Veggie Eggel consisted of onions, peppers, and mushrooms over scrambled eggs topped with melted cheddar, my choice of bagel (always sesame). If I had been thinking clearly, I would have added a shmear of cream cheese. I also opted for a potato latke for an extra $1.50.

The thought kept popping into my head that this would be good hangover food.

368 West 7th Avenue
Breakfast hours:
Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
www.sollysbagelry.com
Photos

No comments: