Thursday, June 20, 2013

Aussie Pie Guy

Given my current nomadic lifestyle, I do appreciate the appearance of more and more food trucks on the streets of Vancouver. Aussie Pie Guy just started their engine last week. Parked in front of the QE theatre, it was a great spot for me as it was in between my work gigs.

These pies are the perfect street food. Easy to hold and eat with one hand. Neatly contain the fillings, no food falling on my clothes. Right-sized for a on-the-go bite to eat. Great crust, flaky and light. I had the Brekkie Pie (of course), which was filled with eggs, bacon, and caramelized onions. They have several other more lunch-y options. I liked the sound of the Porky Pie and the Sweetie Pie.

My only disappointment was I didn’t get to meet the Aussie guy on the Aussie Pie Guy truck.

Hamilton Street at West Georgia
Hours: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
www.aussiepieguy.com
Photos

6 comments:

Kayleigh Lum said...

Thanks for coming by the truck! Glad you enjoyed the pies. Matt, one of the partners is the Aussie Pie Guy. The rest of us are Aussie Pie Gals. :)

In Search of Breakfast said...

Thanks, Kayleigh. You were both nice gals! Wishing you success with your truck!

Marcel Speer said...

I'm a breakfast freak and want to trave to Canada this summer, so I was really lucky to find your blog :)
Have you also visited some hotel breakfast buffets and can you recommend one of them? It's quite difficult to search on hotel sites whith this preference in mind.

In Search of Breakfast said...

Hi Marcel, thanks for stopping by. Hotel breakfast buffets are a disappearing treat, sadly. I've been to a few. My recommended breakfasts are listed on my blog. Enjoy your trip to Canada and happy breakfasting.

Anonymous said...

Hi In Search of Breakfast! Great blog. Enjoyed reading. Do you have an email to get a hold of you at?

In Search of Breakfast said...

Hi Anonymous, I can be reached at redheadmedia@shaw.ca
Thanks.