Saturday, March 1, 2014

Tuc Craft Kitchen

“Holy s**t this is good!” This expletive involuntarily leaped into my thoughts multiple times while making my way through my mountain range of Crispy Chicken & Waffles. Tuc has taken a breakfast classic and elevated it to a peak level. Two savory crisp waffles are topped with a jumbo stack of heavily-seasoned fried chicken. When I cook at home I like to claim, “The secret’s in the sauce.” In this dish, the secret is in the three sauces. When placed in front of me, I was politely instructed that the intention is to liberally pour the Dijon Mournaise, Spicy Tomato Vinaigrette, and the Maple Syrup over top the range of chicken and enjoy the collective flavours in each bite. I complied. “Holy s**t.”

My friend also loved her Hanger Steak Skillet with Poached Eggs, but I could barely hear her kudos through the murmurings of my own mind. I was still eating my fried chicken. “Holy s**t.”

Because I seek out new breakfast spots each time I venture out, I almost never return to where I’ve been before (I’ve only revisited the same restaurant two times in the these last 7 years I’ve been breakfasting). What this means is whenever there is something on the menu I am keen to try, I want to order it then and there. I did attempt to also request the Bacon-wrapped Egg Tempura, but our server balked. “Mm, that’s a lot of food,” she advised. I begrudgingly bowed to her wisdom, and she was right, of course. But this has given me the perfect reason to return... and soon.

60 West Cordova Street
Brunch hours: Saturday, 10:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m.

tucrestaurant.com
Photos

1 comment:

getdeals said...

Nice blog. Thanks for sharing it. Visit Get That Deal for Daily Deals Vancouver.